"Is this a technology company?" We are Dockwa Engineering. A team that builds the things that are Dockwa and also Marinas.com and other cool things. We do things on the internet because we are nerds and like the internet and also Dockwa and Marinas.com and boats and dogs and eating pizza and stand up paddle boarding and cool things like such as and such and this introduction is getting awkward so lets just move on to the open source projects we've made;
Projects & Open Source
An API for determining if a lat and lon is on water. We use this at Dockwa to see when people use the app on the water. Welcome to the future.
A simple Swift 3 viewcontroller to easily select emails from a user's contacts and/or enter them manually. Great for sharing content or inviting users.
Fort Awesome Everywhere
A guide and tool to bring CSS-like ease of use of custom Fort Awesome icon fonts to native iOS and Android development.
A guide for creating attractive interfaces that work by combining functional usability with visually appealing design. Because looks aren't everything.
Technology? Yeah we totally use that stuff here. Here are some of the things we use.
Top of the line free resources for learning our technology. Curated and recommend by us.
- Flexbox (CSS): Flexbox Zombies Very Fun
- Service Workers (JS): Service Workies High Quality like Flexbox Zombies
- Utility Based CSS: Tailwinds.css (We use Bootstrap but tailwinds is what we strive for with utility based CSS.)
- Ruby: Ruby Monk (Site is down so you can view on archive.org but none of the code will run in browser.) Single best Ruby resource
- Ruby on Rails: Essential Web Development Course
- Command Line: Codecademy - Learn the Command Line Good course to brush up skills
- ES2015 (JS): BabelJS - Learning Guide
- React JS: React for Everyone Youtube Series
These are the people that make up the Dockwa Engineering team: